Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

A big SDW finish!

My journey on SDW has come to an end!

I stitched fast and furious this past weekend to finish for the challenge.

SDW a German Band Sampler
36ct flax linen with dmc thread

This has been such an amazing SAL journey and I treasure the friendships I have made along the way. From every motif to every band, I enjoyed each and every stitch.  

Across the top I took out the blackwork band and decided to repeat a band from the bottom.  I also charted a few lines from a Goethe poem in German which seemed appropriate since SDW is a German sampler.  Its translation is "I am with you, however far away you may be" and is a dedication to my SAL mates.    


I love, love, love the floral bouquets in this band.  The church had me exhausted at one point and all but done in! 


With the alpha bands I changed out the bottom row to include the first initials of everyone in the SAL.  


In the smaller alphas I found a spot for my own initials and the year.  


A BIG thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement all along the way!  

I am looking forward to many more Scarlet Letter Years with all of you.  Thank you to Nicola and Jo for starting this amazing community.  

Happy Stitching!  xxxx

17 comments:

Cheri said...

Congratulations on the finish! The colors are just beautiful.

Debbie Bauer said...

Wow Krista your sampler is spectacular! Love it and love the verse in German!

Stitch Wizard said...

This is such a gorgeous finish and I love the way you did the windows on the church too. So much pretty detail in your photo here. Congratulations on such a spectacular finish!

Gillie said...

Oh my goodness, all those changes that mean so much. Well done, Krista!

donnacrafts said...

I am speechless. This sampler is outstanding...a true heirloom. Congratulations!!

Jenny said...

HOORAY!!!! SDW is just beautiful...stunning....amazing! You have stitched a true heirloom and I love all the little changes you made to make it your own. It is a real treasure indeed. What an accomplishment! Congratulations Krista!

Scarlet Letter said...

The verse is perfect. I wish I could incorporate it into every piece that I design. You are brilliant, Krista. Thank you for stitching this sampler and sharing it.

Chris said...

Congratulations on this wonderful finish Krista!!!

Lanie said...

Oh Krista! Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! I love the German verse ... just perfect.

Bhooma said...

WOW!! What a great finish! Congratulations Krista on your beautiful finish!!

Nicola said...

A wonderful achievement Krista. SDW is a stunner ad I love how you changed the church and the sentiment is so meaningful.

Thank you for including my initial. It was a joy to SAL with you and yes we were all very much together even though the Atlantic separated us.

Vera said...

Congratulations Krista on a stunning finish. I love everything that you did to personalize this sampler -- especially the verse - PERFECT!! This sampler keeps calling to me...then I look at how huge it is, but I may have to order this one. There is not one section that doesn't appeal to me.

Bethany said...

Wow, what a wonderful way to incorporate this great stitching year. Something to always remember......

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on a huge finish and in perfect time too!

This really is a lovely sampler, each area is worthy of being a piece in its own right but altogether they are stunning.

And how lovely to immortalise your fellow SALers.

Cindy L said...

Yeah, Krista! Your stitching is gorgeous. I love your verse...this will be such a beautiful remembrance of a wonderful year.

Krista said...

Thank you to All for your wonderful comments. I am so very glad to have this finish to share with you. Your stitching all year has been an inspiration!

Anne said...

Happy Dancing for you Krista!!! SDW is such a beauty!! Love all the bands and pretty colours. An amazing heirloom :D