Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Two New Starts and a Snow Day


Hi All,

 

Well, the snow, wind and frigid temps arrived all at once yesterday.  The result?  A snow day today!!  My office is closed, so I am staying in (and letting my husband clear off the driveway, cars, etc.  I’ve managed to do a little stitching and some long-avoided chores…soon it will be nap timeJ.

 

I’m still having difficulty uploading pictures to the blog, but if I type everything in word and add the pictures, I am able to copy it all into a post.  Not sure what is going on, just more interested in finding a way around the “issues” I seem to be having.

 

After finishing “A Parrot, A Leopard, A Lion” I started not one but two new samplers.  The first is Elizabeth Mitchell which I am stitching on 40 count Wood Smoke Linen using AVAS (one strand over two threads).  It is difficult to photograph due to all the wrinkles – lol – as well as the pale green color (which is lovely) does not show up very well.  Here is an overall shot and also a close-up.  I am loving the silks!!

 


This is actually the left hand border (unable to rotate the photo).


Next up is N. Hinde – so very, very tiny.  I love it!  I am using one strand of Crescent Colours (Red Licorice) over one thread of 40 count linen.  Surprisingly, I am finding this one easier to work on than Elizabeth Mitchell (even though it is over one thread)…I think my eyes just have a difficult time with dark linen.


I think this will go pretty quickly.  One problem I hadn’t realized is that there is a “slub” in the fabric just below the H…my stitches on the next line may get a little distorted at that point, but hopefully I will be able to work through it.

 

Finally here is a picture I took this morning of our picnic table by our apple tree.  Tyg has been enjoying going out and even rolling in the snow (!!!), but he doesn’t stay out long with temps hovering right around zero.


Hope everyone is enjoying a great week with plenty of stitching time.

7 comments:

Lelia said...

I had stitched N Hinde awhile back. It stitches up quickly.

Yes, Winter - I've had enough

Nicola said...

Blogger can be so frustrating at times!!!

Both samplers are going to be lovely additions to your sampler wall and I am going to enjoy following your progress.

Chris said...

Great new starts Vera!! I really would like to have a snow day :)

Bethany said...

Keep inside, stitch away and enjoy your two wonderful picks....

Pamela said...

Eliz. Mitchell is such a sweet sampler - such soft colors. Like your linen, too! I think 36ct is my limit, but I'm always attracted by how 40ct looks when completed.

Theresa said...

My sister just wrote they have 40 below wind chill where they are and school using up the allotted snow days fast!
Quite the winter but good stitching weather....stay warm inside and stitch!

Cindy L said...

Wonderful new starts! I think we are all done with winter but hope the summer won't be unbearable.