Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 3 January 2014

Snow Day!

Hello Everyone,

A snow day in Eastern PA...no work - YAY!!!  It's not really all that much snow - maybe 7-8", but very cold and terribly windy.  I am happy to stay inside today.  And the morning at home paid off.  Simon (the evil serpent) is finished!!  Here's a shot from this a.m.:
The colors are just gorgeous in this piece.  It has been a long journey...not yet over...but I'm happy to say that I am still enjoying stitching this piece.  I'm anxious to start something new, but won't start until this is completed.  Hopefully by the end of January (if not sooner).  I hope to get a bit more stitching in this afternoon...between naps and reading and, perhaps, baking some bread to go with dinner.

And, a shot of my stitching "helper" (or so he claims to be).  Here is Tyg who is really enjoying the snow and spends a bit of time trying to ambush birds are our various feeders.
Time to change the tablecloth - lol!!

Hope everyone is warm and safe and enjoying some prime stitching time.

11 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

The colors in this are indeed gorgeous. I envy you your snow day.

Lanie said...

Not quite a snow day here in western PA (schools were mostly just delayed 2 hrs; although some cancelled) ... we got about 7" of snow and the high as of noon is only 9 degrees ... aarrgghhh! Hate it! And it is going to get worse next week ... how soon until Spring starts??!!!!
Your PLL is fabulous ... almost finished! Someday I would love to see this one in person ... can only imagine how splendid it is!
Enjoy your final stitches.

Jane in Wisconsin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! We just had a touch of snow here in Wisconsin, but we now have the beginning of very cold weather.....brrrr!

Krista said...

We also have had snow and cold temps here in CT, so I am happy to stay in! LOVE your progress on this one, every time I see your post I want to order this one. Tyg looks quite happy and content!

Scarlet Letter said...

Nothing like a bit of nasty weather to motivate the needle! Tyg is a love.

Nicola said...

It seems as if both sides of the Atlantic are taking a hammering with the weather.

PLL never fails to enthral me.

Maria del Valle said...

So beautiful embroidery!! I love your "helper" !!

Jenny said...

Vera your sampler is just amazing! Every time I see one of your updates I just have to smile. I can't help it....this sampler makes me happy :)Stay warm and enjoy your stitching time!

Bethany said...

O..... Whats a few hairs among friends....... Your stitching is spectacular. I know you are looking forward to your finish as much as we all are....

Chris said...

Simon and Tyg both look maahvelous!

Cindy L said...

Vera, such a fun, colorful piece! Those snow days are wonderful if you don't have to go out!