Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

S. Wood Sampler, My New Stitch

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year!
It's been a while since I posted.

Due to some large medical bills, my stitching this year has to be from my stash. Fortunately I do have a few from which to choose. My new stitch is the S. Wood Sampler.

S. Wood - The Scarlet Letter ca. 1820

I am stitching it on 32 count tea-dyed linen, with AuVer a Soie.

This is what I have so far:


Oh my! It may be considered a miniature sampler, but those one-over-one stitches are soooo small! The top border is finished. There are actually 3 rows that make up the gold border. I may go blind before I finish this!

Tonight I am going to start the verse. The border is the most difficult on my eyes, so I am going to try to break it up.

Have a nice evening everyone!

8 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

What a sweet sampler. Looking forward to see your progress on the verse.

Brenda said...

It is soooo beautiful!!! I can't wait to see more!

Bethany said...

Lovely little sampler and a new one in trying to complete the goal of one of each of Marsha's. Trust me you won't go blind and when you finish what joy you will have.

Jenny said...

This is such a beautiful sampler. Looking forward to watching your progress. I love the little miniature samplers and the history behind them...I am going to have to look at them again for future stitching...they would look wonderful framed and sitting on a table or a shelf :) Enjoy your stitching time.

Vera said...

This is so pretty - love it. The over one can be a pain, but is so beautiful. Can't wait to see more progress.

Lelia said...

Lovely so far!

Nicola said...

Exquisite stitching Erica. This might be painstaking but it will be worth it.

Maria del Valle said...

Lovely stitching!!