Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Rachel Jarratt and Fishbone Stitch





Band 4 is underway. There have been many distractions this evening as my family are with us but I had to spend some time stitching between making cups of tea and supper. If I don't stitch I get twitchy. Luckily I can chat and stitch at the same time.

My first attempt at curving out of a Fishbone stitch. I have trouble with curves as I always think it straight lines. I am reasonably happy with the result.

I am loving Rachel. This year has really inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and introduced me to so many truly beautiful samplers and I want to thank you all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Your stitching looks so perfect. Beautiful! Glad you are enjoying her. Enjoy your time with your family too.

Krista said...

Your stitching looks beautiful. Love this design, it looks like a stained glass window!

Vera said...

This is simply beautiful!

Jonette said...

Your stitching and the colors are lovely.

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful Nicola.

Bethany said...

I am sure you are enjoying the family. One of our son's came the day after Christmas and left the next morning, work called.... Our other son is due in later this month for a short visit. I enjoy seeing them, but sometimes wish they had more time.

Your sampler is coming along nicely. I have never done a fishbone stitch. I will have to go to a site and see what it is. It doesn't look like you having any problems with stitching it.

Jenny said...

Your stitching is exquisite as always. The colors in this sampler are really lovely and I have to agree with Krista...they do remind me of stained glass.

Angel Blue said...

Its lovely.

Lanie said...

Lovely, Nicola ... your stitching is perfection! I am going to enjoy following your progress!

Terri said...

Beautiful!!