Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 24 January 2014

Post on behalf of Marsha - A New Sampler Memento Mori



 My finish is framed.  Lynn's in Madison, WI, framed it.  Photo #1 shows it in its entirety.  The following two photos are executed in queen stitch.  





The majority is cross stitch and eyelet, some bargello, and a bit of over ones in the verse.  The chart will be printed in color.


Tank came into the last photo.  He seems to like the new design, but that might have more to do with the ceramic heater next to my chair than the new design.


I wish that I could contribute more but the Merry Wind farm girl was correct: bitter cold makes for a huge amount of  additional work to keep the farm animals comfortable and healthy.  They require extra feed, the water must be kept open, they need warm barns where they can huddle, and then there is the mucking-out which practically freezes upon contact with this frigid air.

The German sampler from 1707 is coming along slowly.  It's time to load more firewood into the furnace here.

Love to all,
Marsha

12 comments:

DawnM said...

Love this new sampler Marsha. The colors are great.

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, I love this sampler! Just gorgeous!

llknbillburg said...

Are you kidding me! If you keep this up I will have the entire collection! Love it! Must have it!! Laura

Lanie said...

Goodness! ... lovely, Marsha and the colors are so pretty! Beautiful framing also ... I love the moulding.
Stay warm and safe!

Vera said...

This is gorgeous, no doubt about it. That's an awful lot of queen stitches - lol (not my most favorite stitch). I will probably give in and get this one...

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Marsha,
the new sampler is beautiful! Hear, hear, about all the additional barn work , Melinda (the Merry Wind Farm girl :)

Krista said...

Really love this new sampler, Marsha! The colors are amazing!

Bhooma said...

Live this sampler.

Pamela said...

Wow, Marsha, this is beautiful! Love how the dark frame compliments the bright colors.

Kim Hummel said...

Love this new sampler. Looks like it has a lot of everything.
So sorry you are having such cold weather that requires time away from the needle.

Bethany said...

Tank looks like he is enjoying this beauty. Love all the stitches and they show up great in the photo's. You are also amazing in what you can accomplish.

Cheryl Matzker said...

Heaven help me, I just spent my wad for the next 3 months. lol

Love Scarlet Letter Samplers and after visiting here, bought $250 worth of graphs at the shop. lol.

Can't wait to get them. Then as soon as the drooling subsides, I am getting busy.

Dying to know when this new sampler will be available or if there are pre orders being taken. Definitely another gotta have.

I think I found me a new "Favorite" web site. Love looking at all the gorgeous work and reading everyone's journeys in time with samplers.

In Stitches