Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 12 January 2014

Moving on with Elizabeth Burrows

I've spent quite alot of time working with Elizabeth Burrows this week and weekend and here is a scanned picture of my progress so far:


She's growing fast!  This is five days' work.  I started using the yellow linen thread I had which looked great in the skein but one strand just blended into the fabric far too much so I switched to DMC 152.  It's a dusky pink, not so much contrast as the pink on the original but I like it.

You can see my stitching method from the picture, I try to do as much as possible with one colour rather than stopping and starting too much.  So there is a gap in the red border which I will fill in next time I use red.  The same for the little gap in the W.  The top green border is the Montenegrin Stitch, it's a lovely dense stitch but does use alot of thread.  As I only have one skein of each colour I decided to leave it until last.  If I run out of green I can unpick that bit and restitch in a similar DMC rather than have to switch for the lettering.

I now have to start my Band Sampler for the Round Robin I am taking part in so I might alternate the two for a few days to keep the momentum going.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Wonderful progress, Jo!! I am sure you can get this one in as a finish before the end next month! :)
I hope I can accomplish one too! We can cheer each other on!

Jenny said...

Great job Jo! You are making incredible progress. You can do it!

Lanie said...

Jo, your 'Elizabeth' looks fabulous! Please keep posting updates ... I need inspired to pick up this sweetie again!

Cindy L said...

Jo, you are making wonderful progress and will have that finish to post! I just love the colors.

Vera said...

Love the colours in this one. Great progress Jo! Will be looking forward to your finish.

Bethany said...

Great progress and in only a few days....

Nicola said...

Great start Jo. I think it a sensible way to use the thread.