Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Mary Poppins Carpet Bag Strikes Again !!!

Click the photo to enlarge and see the speciality stitching. The emboridery over the stitching on the tree trunk is breathtaking

I just had to share with you this stunning sampler that I came across when looking at some photos for the for the gallery. 

Now why didn't I notice Elizabeth Hoover before ?

Seeing work like this just makes me want to stitch, stitch, stitch !!!

8 comments:

Vera said...

The tree trunk is gorgeous! And, amazing I have never noticed this sampler previously. I am hoping to get to the SL this summer...I'd best take an extra bag of cash with me - lol!!

Lanie said...

Oh my goodness ... so much to love on this one! Thanks for sharing with us, Nicola, this is another that I had not noticed before?
hmmmm ... what else could possibly be hiding in that carpetbag?!!!

Bethany said...

Thank you for sharing.... Here I thought you were going to start another stitch along...... This sure is lovely. I missed this as well

Debbie Bauer said...

I admired and checked this sampler out a couple of times. Beautiful isn't it! However in Marsha's description she mentions advanced. Advanced - scares me...LOL

KrissKross said...

Oh, it is lovely! I've looked at the SL website and cannot find this sampler - wan someone direct me in the proper direction? Many thanks!

Kristina

Nicola said...

Kristina here is the link - http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/hoover.php

Elizabeth said...

It is beautiful…

KrissKross said...

Thank you so much, Nicola!!! Have a wonderful day!

Kristina