Great intentions to really get moving along with Janet Burnet in the new year, after finishing up several projects that had to be done by Christmas. OK, that's understandable, right? And I have on hand the chart booklet for the stunning Janet Burnet 1730 sampler from The Scarlet Letter. And the gorgeous AVAS silks. And fabric that I'd selected, a 35 count Lambswool. And started stitching ..... Even before I put a needle through the fabric, I had some doubts as to whether that particular piece of fabric was the best choice - the colour seemed fine, but the weave had a few irregularities.that I hadn't noticed at first - not a problem for small projects, but I was uneasy about it for such a special sampler. But no matter, for an antique sampler, irregularities are acceptable, right? I started to stitch, deciding to do the outer border first - the first half of about one hundred stitches, trying to convince myself all the time that the fabric would be just fine. And now, after putting it aside for a few more days, it's obvious - even if the fabric does turn out to be all right when the stitching's finished, I know that I'd spend weeks as I stitch wondering whether I'd done the right thing and not loving it whole-heartedly. So later this week, I'll be choosing some new fabric and starting over. So please forgive the photo showing such little progress - I'm learning that I need to pay attention to any initial hesitations. For what it's worth, here's what I did, along with the silks and the pattern cover.