Saturday, 11 January 2014
Ann Lawle's whitework band
Last night I put the last stitch into Ann Lawle's whitework band. And I started the Montenegrin stitch that creates the dividing band between this and the next band.
My plan is to work a band a month on Ann Lawle, which means I should have her complete at the end of October. While this isn't the biggest sampler in the world, it does have some rather complex designs, and I think spreading it out a bit will keep me from burning out.
The coverage on the satin is a little sparser than I usually like. When I started the band, I tried two strands, but that distorted the linen. So I worked a bit with one strand, then propped the sampler up across the room where I could glance at it occasionally. At a distance (and probably at about the distance most people would look at it, except for other needleworkers--we do like to look closely at needlework!), one strand was perfect.