Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Ann Lawle's whitework band


Last night I put the last stitch into Ann Lawle's whitework band. And I started the Montenegrin stitch that creates the dividing band between this and the next band.

My plan is to work a band a month on Ann Lawle, which means I should have her complete at the end of October. While this isn't the biggest sampler in the world, it does have some rather complex designs, and I think spreading it out a bit will keep me from burning out.

The coverage on the satin is a little sparser than I usually like. When I started the band,  I tried two strands, but that distorted the linen. So I worked a bit with one strand, then propped the sampler up across the room where I could glance at it occasionally. At a distance (and probably at about the distance most people would look at it, except for other needleworkers--we do like to look closely at needlework!), one strand was perfect.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Your stitching is just lovely, Ann. I love how the whitework looks.

Cindy L said...

Beautiful stitching, Ann! The satin stitching looks wonderful.

Lanie said...

Oh my goodness, Ann ... your stitching is beautiful!

donnacrafts said...

This is very pretty. I wear magnifiers when I stitch and see everything. I am very critical of my work too. This sampler is going to be amazing...

mommafoso said...

So pretty. Hope you continue to share your progress.

Bethany said...

Very lovely and this sampler is amazing.

Nicola said...

A beautiful band beautifully stitched. Please keep the detailed photos coming. I am following you with my chart and it is a delight seeing it come to life.

Maria del Valle said...

So beautiful!!!