Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 7 January 2014

A Post for Wilma - Starting Amelia Boyce





I decided to make a start on Amelia Boyce. The first stitches were made a few days before Christmas and because I had a couple of days of from work I made fairly good progress on her. What attracts me in this sampler is the somewhat arty design of the cathedral and the trees and the meander border above it. 



I am stitching Amelia on a 32ct Antique Ivory Belfast linnen from Zweigart with DMC  threads. For now I am putting her aside because I promised myself to finish AW before the end of January.


8 comments:

carolm said...

The Cathredal attracts me also. It reminds me of the one at the University of Pittsburgh.....

Jenny said...

This is one of my very favorite SL samplers. It is high on my list of " much stitch" samplers so I will be very interested in watching your progress. Yours looks absolutely lovely!

Lanie said...

Pretty, Wilma! I love this sampler too and am especially drawn to the Cathedral. And yes, Carol, now that you mention it, it does resemble the Cathedral of Learning at Pitt!
I'll look forward to following your progress ... this is on my 'One Day' list.

donnacrafts said...

Very, very nice. I really never noticed this sampler before. Thanks for posting your progress.

Bethany said...

That is why I picked this sampler as well. When I got to the rose border across the top, I must say that also sold me. This is one of my favorite samplers.

Krista said...

So pretty, Wilma! Love all the flowers in the border.

Inguna said...

Beautiful sampler. One of my favorites.

Cindy L said...

Wilma, such a beautiful start. I have also added this to my wish list when I saw the finish during the year.