Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 30 December 2013

Rachel Jarratt - Bands 1 - 3





I have just finished the third band on Rachel and I am loving stitching her.

I switched AVAS 1441 to 1443 as that is a perfect match for one of the colours in an armchair she will hang near. Have you ever changed colours so that the sampler compliments the colour scheme of a room it will hang in?

In band 3 I substituted fishbone stitch for satin as I like the richness of this stitch when using AVAS. I did however use stem stitch where specified.

I am off now to start band 4.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

13 comments:

Carmen Sutton said...

Stunning, changing colors to match a rooms color scheme sounds as good as any. I don't change colors very much as I'm just to lazy to do so, I guess I'm picking samplers due to their colors before I even buy them. Man I wonder how many lovely samplers I passed up on due to just not liking their colors.

Joanne O'H said...

Lovely progress. I can't wait to see more!

Rowyn said...

It's looking lovely!

Happy new year Nicola.

Krista said...

Looks awesome, Nicola! I am happy you are enjoying this stitch. It is so much more fun when you want to stitch! Can't wait to see more.

Jonette said...

Beautiful!

Jenny said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Cindy L said...

Beautiful! It is good to see your stitching updates again. Have a Happy New Year!

~mj~ said...

Gorgeous stitching! What a beautiful sampler...

Maria del Valle said...

Looks so beautiful, another amazing job.
I'll keep your progress!

Maria del Valle

Erica near Chicago said...

Such vivid colors and careful stitching. Wonderful to see the update.

Bethany said...

I have changed colors, but never for a room, color scheme. I changed either because I don't have the color the pattern called for or just because I like one color better than the original color charted.

Nicola, how many SL samplers will you have completed by the end of your SL Year?

Lanie said...

She's beautiful, Nicola! I can see why you are enjoying her so. And yes, I too change colors ... mostly because the original color did not suit where I have planned to hang the finished sampler :)

Vera said...

Beautiful Nicola! I've changed colors occasionally due to a shade not showing up well on the linen...or not having the "correct" color in my stash and being too lazy to run to a store or order and wait for a delivery - lol. Happy New Year to you and Ray!