Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 29 December 2013

Post on behalf of Maria d.V

Merry christmas everyone!

My name's Maria del Valle, I live in Alicante, Spain.  From several years, I make different types of embroidery, over all in blackwork technique. I have a blog called Alarttex.

When I found this blog,  I decide to join here for to do this beautiful sampler: MD 1660 The Unicorn Sampler.  



I bought a kit with a 35 count linen but I changed the linen by other from 40 count.  As you see I was wrong to make my purchase!  I did many tests before and here is my start. I would like to finish this sampler in your pleasant company!! 



From my heart I wish you Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with happiness and may all your dearest wishes be fulfilled.

 See you soon!

Maria

 

15 comments:

C Street Samplerworks said...

Maria, that is one of my favorite Scarlet Letter samplers! I look forward to seeing photos of your progress.

Peace & Love, Fran

Bethany said...

We will all look forward to seeing you photo's....

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Maria. You have chosen a very beautifl sampler to stitch and I am looking forward to seeing it being stitch.

Please post lots of photos.

~mj~ said...

Welcome Maria! I have that pattern in my stash and I look forward to seeing you stitch this gorgeous sampler!!

Jenny said...

Welcome Maria! This is such a beautiful sampler, one I have long admired. I will really enjoy watching your progress as you stitch this.

Laura said...

Bienvenida!!
Muy bonito Sampler.

Garbo y Salero said...

It seems beautiful, and I'm sure that it will be more so when it's finished....but I don't understand what you said about the 35 vrs. the 40 count linen.

Garbo y Salero said...

Garbo y salero aka as isabel wear....

Elizabeth said...

Welcome Maria. I am looking forward to seeing this lovely sampler progress.

Lanie said...

Welcome Maria! The Scarlet Letter group is wonderfully fun ... you will find great frienship, encouragement, and inspiration here.
Look forward to the progress posts of your beautiful sampler.

Erica near Chicago said...

Welcome. It is a beautiful piece. I'll be watching for pictures of your progress.

carolm said...

good job don't you just love the happiness that finishing a piece after languishing for a decade or more. Look forward to seeing your new piece...

Cindy L said...

Welcome Maria! I also will look forward to your photos.

Maria del Valle said...

Thank You all for a Very warm Welcome!!!

Garbo y salero aka as Isabel :
I wanted to say:
With a 35 count fabric you can only stitch part of the design, the right hand side of the design; on a 40 count fabric you can stitch the complete design.
I was wrong when I bought the 35 count because I wanted to stitch the complete design, that is why I finally changes the fabric for a 40 count linen
Have a good week!!

Maria del Valle

donnacrafts said...

Just beautiful. I love the pulled work on the top of the sampler. It is gorgeous. Please keep posting.

Donna