Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Post for Barbara H - EK 1653 An Update



I meant to post last week, but (as usual)  time got away from me.

Here is my update for EK 1653.  Lovely  reds and greens for the holidays.
I won’t be able to work on her again until after Christmas, if I am lucky.



This week I am working on American Girl,  18” doll clothes,  along with matching cupcake-print aprons and dresses for grand Kate.  Kate turned 6 last September.



My office looks like a tornado hit it.  You can see the chart for EK1653 on the chair, behind the ironing board.  EK 1653 is resting there too, under a pillowcase.




I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!


Barbara

14 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Good progress. Such wonderful colors. I envy your walls. Do you recall the name of the piece the ironing board is pointing to? The mostly red and blue one.

~mj~ said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous sampler!!! Your stitches look so smooth...my want list is growing...and growing...

carolm said...

EK is simply stunning, need to get mine out....

Kim Hummel said...

Very pretty stitching. Your satins are nicely done. Can we see the entire wall sometime?
Erica--that blue and red piece on the wall is Corsica River Sampler from Queenstown Sampler Designs.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The colors in the sampler are bright and beautiful

Joanne O'H said...

Gorgeous work. Your stitching is wonderful. Please keep the photos coming.

Krista said...

Beautiful work on EK, Barbara! I am so amazed at the intricacies of the stitches and pattern. Your satin stitches are perfect!

Erica near Chicago said...

Kim - Thank you for the name. Now off to do a search....

Bethany said...

Barbara. It does have the colors of Christmas, all santa needs to do, is finish it for you and Christmas would be a Merry one. Kate is a lucky young lady. She is going to love her gift.

Jenny said...

EK is looking just beautiful Barbara. I love it! When I think of Christmas I always remember American Girl. My daughter loved those dolls so much and there was always something American Girl from Santa. I too did a lot of stitching for those dolls and treasure every memory of those times. Enjoy your Christmas!

Vera said...

EK is looking gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all finished. Love the little apron you've made as well -- just darling.

Nupur said...

Beautiful work - thanks for sharing!

Cindy L said...

Your stitching is just gorgeous and I love the little apron!

Kevin said...

EK 1653 sure is beautiful! Love the bright cheerful colors used in this design. Look forward to more pics as you progress on this beauty.