Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 16 December 2013

The Wiinner of The Monthly Draw is ......

Oh guys I am so sorry - how could I get the date wrong this month when the Advent calendar is a HUGE reminder !!!

I am going to blame it on the weather. Yes the weather !! As a lot of you know I live in a very exposed position and we take the full force of the wind coming directly off the sea. We have had a weekend of very strong gusting winds (100 mph was forecast) and on Saturday afternoon I was literally blown off my feet landing against a stone wall.

I managed to hit my head, shoulder, elbow, hip and knee. The bruise on my hip is a corker.

Anyway I the painkillers made me groggy yesterday so I think that is why Day 15 of the Advent Calendar failed to register with me.

I woke up at 3.30am thinking ****** !! Ray thinks I have totally lost it doing the draw in the early hours but I could not have gone back to sleep.

To cut a long story short I am very pleased to announce that the winner this month is Teresa.

Well done Teresa, please email with your choice.

Next month's prize is a Millennium frame so keep your progress posts coming.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

16 comments:

samplerlover said...

Ooh that sounds quite nasty. I hope that you feel better quite soon. Take care, Sandra.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! Those winds are scary! Hope yo are okay.

Faye said...

Oh dear!!!! I sure do hope the bumps, bruises and pains get better!! I am stitching away here, although with the super busy season, I'm not posting quite as much.... I WILL be getting better about that very soon~. Take care of yourself Nicoletta~

Chris said...

Feel better soon!!
Congratulations Teresa!!

Lanie said...

Congratulations, Teresa .... enjoy!
And Nicola, on my! ... please take care and hoping you are feeling better very soon! It seems everywhere is having a bit if an extreme start to our winters ... yikes!

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness, Nicola! Those must have been quite some winds! Hope you are soon feeling better and are pain free.

Margaret said...

Feel better, Nicola. Yikes -- you should have been inside! Congrats to Teresa too.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Good grief! Feel better soon Nicola.

Bethany said...

Wow, I know what 100mile winds are like, living here in Florida with our hurricanes. I think it is probably worst with the temps are colder. I hope you feel better soon. Wow, I Mill Frame. What I wouldn't give for a frame and stand...... Guess I better get busy with MaryAnn Macdonald.

Erica near Chicago said...

Nicola, You and Jo have gone far beyond the call of duty this year. Get some rest, feel better - and enjoy Archie's first holiday season.

Vera said...

Oh Nicola -- take care! That sounds like a nasty bunch of bruises. Speedy recovery wishes winging their way to you. And, contrats Teresa! Happy holidays to all.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Congratulations to the winner. The strong winds have been just dreadful with us too. A week ago last Thursday I had to hang onto a lamp post to stay on my feet.

Jenny said...

Oh dear Nicola....how painful that must be! Take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon. Congratulations Theresa!

Jane in Wisconsin said...

Take care of yourself....the weather and the bumps and bruises don't sound very nice especially at this time of year! Congratulations, Teresa! And another big thank you to Nicola for sponsoring this group.

Cindy L said...

Nicola, please be careful out there. Those bumps and bruises can be so painful and takes time to heal. Hopefully you can rest and get some stitching therapy in. Speedy recovery to you.

Congratulations, Teresa! Such a nice gift in time for the holidays.

Kevin said...

Hope you're feeling better Nicola. Congrats to Teresa!