Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

A Post on behalf of Barbara G - A new start



I started Ruthy Rogers.  I have completed most of the cross stitch which I don’t like doing and now I am starting on the stem stitching which covers all of the inside portion of the piece with the exception of satin leaves around the edges and a few small areas on the inside. It moves along quite quickly.  I normally do 17th century samplers but thought this would be  a fun one to do – I like the primitive look of it.

Barbara G.

6 comments:

DawnM said...

I love this sampler Barbara but I am intimidated by the stem stitching. I am excited to see your progress.

Kim Hummel said...

Will watch your progress on this one. I am currently working on another Marblehead sampler--Hannah Stacey--from the Essamplair. Lots of stem stitching.

Erica near Chicago said...

This will be lovely when finished. I look forward to following your progress. it seems a bit intimidating to me too.

Lanie said...

I love Ruthy too. Can't wait to see more of your sampler ... I know she will be a beauty ... keep us posted!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great start. We can start an "I Love Ruthy" fan club. I really need to start mine too.

Bethany said...

Wow. It is nice to see something a little different for a change. I love this little piece and you are doing such lovely stitching. We'll be looking forward to your posts, at least I know I will......