Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 22 November 2013

Hornbook Bestiary...more progress!

Last weekend I went on a stitching retreat with some dear special friends.  You can read more about it here.  The uninterrupted stitching time afforded me another block finish!  Let's have a look.

Progress as of 11/12/13


Progress as of 11/16/13

I've now finished "M is for Mermaid!"  I started the mermaid's out line on the 12th.  I started the fill just after lunch last Saturday and completed the block around 11:00 pm.  I was determined to get this block finished before bedtime.

 
Here she is up close.  This is one of the blocks that drew me to this sampler.  I just love her!  I think that may be a book in her hand.  Maybe Marsha will tell me for sure in the comments.

Now there's only one more block in this row left to stitch. It's a very special block. It's the "N is for Nightingale" block.  I like to think of it as Nicola's block. After all, she is the reason I'm stitching this sampler. If it weren't for her Scarlet Letter Year, I wouldn't have even gone looking in Marsha's catalog!  So this next block is dedicated to Nicola! I hope you enjoy seeing it when I'm done, my friend.

Thanks for letting me share another mini-finish! More to come...hopefully soon! Have a great weekend.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Kielrain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Inspired Stitcher said...

.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Beautiful! You are really making great progress.
Melinda

Merry Wind Farm said...

And is this all over one?
Melinda

Bethany said...

Well, if this is the case, maybe you should remove the Nightingale and make a picture of Nicola..... That would be interesting and totally original.....

Lanie said...

I love this sampler and your stitching is amazing!

Kevin said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. I'm very tempted to ask Santa for this chart! Beautiful stitching.

Jenny said...

This sampler is absolutely amazing. I love it!

donnacrafts said...

Love this sampler. I never noticed it before. Great shade of blue.. Enjoy!!

Anne said...

Beautiful progress! I love the deer block!!

Anne said...

Beautiful progress! I love the deer block!!

Nicola said...

I am so touched that you think of the "N" block in this way.

Your stitching is exquisite and I have great admiration for your patience on stitching this sampler.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I love anything with a mermaid on it.
There is so much more on this sampler that I like too.

It is really coming along nicely.