Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I can't believe I've been so remiss in sharing my progress with you all. There's been much stitching accomplished since my last update.  Let's have a look at where I stand now!
 
Progress as of 9/9/13
 
 
 
Here is the addition of "H is for Hart." I actually finished it on September 16th but for whatever reason I never posted it.
 
 
Then along came these two last weekend!  "K is for Kitten" and "L is for Lion."
 
Progress as of 11/12/13
 
Here's a look at all the blocks completed so far.  Each one of them feels like a mini-finish!
 
 
I decided I hadn't given this one any time for long enough and took it with me to my guild's all day stitch-in last Saturday.  There I finished the Kitten and started the Lion.  I got on a roll and kept on going.  I've even gotten a start on "M is for Mermaid."  I'm hoping to make some progress on that in the coming days.
 
This sampler has definitely been a test of patience and perseverance for me. I am going to press on until the very last stitch. I know I will be rewarded with a stunning sampler when it's finished.
 
I hope you've enjoyed seeing where I am at this point.  I very much enjoy seeing all of your progress as well.  I'm hopeful I will be back soon with another update!
 
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:

DawnM said...

You have made some great progress. This is a sampler I have to have now after watching you work on it.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Dawn! I will warn you it is a pretty tedious stitch but really worth it if you don't mind all over one. :o)

Kielrain said...

This is such a great piece. I love the progress you have made.

Erica near Chicago said...

Thank you for the pictures. You are making progress even if it seems slow going. I look forward to seeing the next set of finished letters.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Dawn, that is just beautiful! I'm glad you shared your progress, I am working on manifesto and I know that filling in is tedious.
Melinda

Lanie said...

Ohhh how I love this! Your over one stitching is perfect and definitely gives this sampler an amazing look.

Jenny said...

This sampler is amazing! You have made wonderful progress. I really love it!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You are making great progress keep stitching

brod'attitude said...

Your progress are fantastic. My hornbook doesn't progress since two month. I am very busy whith embroidery christmas.

Elizabeth said...

It really is lovely and you are making good progress. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Bethany said...

26 mini pieces, almost at the half way point. I'll bet that makes you feel great. Looking forward to a Mermaid......

Cindy L said...

I really enjoy your updates. We can see the progress, your almost halfway. You have really brought this sampler to life for us.

Nicola said...

SUPERB - you have my admiration. Your stitching is exquisite.

PamC said...

Beautiful Lisa