Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Hello Everyone,
It has been a long time since I posted.  Between the house and me "falling apart" it has been a long 6 months.  Hopefully we both are back on track and I have started to stitch again on The Country Life.
I have been checking in on the blog and seeing what everyone has been stitching and what an inspiration.  I see so many that I would like to start but I refuse to do it till I get farther along.  Does anyone have any suggestions about taking pictures of samplers that are in the frame behind glass?
Wishing everyone happy stitching.
Martha S.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Martha! I, too, wish I could start many at once but know it would drive me crazy!

Debbie Bauer said...

Your sampler is gorgeous Martha! Country life is on my (for sure) to do stitch list.

Scarlet Letter said...

Regarding photography with glass, my best advice is to photograph the piece outside in the mid day sun to avoid glare and shadows.

Lanie said...

Beautiful stitching, Martha ... I love the charming 'Country Life'!
I agree with Marsha's advise. I have had the best luck in lots of natural light when you don't need to use a flash ... good luck!

Bethany said...

Can't wait to see this finished. I love mine. Outside. I take mine when the sun is coming up bright and straight into the sampler. If you don't do this I find you get shadows and reflections. Goodluck.

Nicola said...

So pleased that you are back firing on all cylinders. I agree with outside for photographing,