Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 24 November 2013

Hannah Brassington Finished!

Big happy dance here.  I finished the lovely Hannah Brassington quite a few days ago and am just getting the chance to post about it now.  I messed up the 1 over 1 a bit but I fudged and am happy with the result.  I put my initials in the bottom right which was supposed to be the last letters of "neighbor".  So I added 'or' above my intials.  Originally, I think Hannah had some trouble fitting in the word neighbor hence why it was squished, so in a way, it's fitting that I had trouble stitching my name and year in too! 

Can you spy my date and initials?!
one last photo of this beautiful beast

Details:

Started on January 15, 2013
Finished November 13, 2013
Stitched on 40 ct. Newcastle linen in Cream
Threads: AVAS recommended colours.

I hope to frame her on my own but that will take some time.  I am looking forward to starting a new sampler in the New Year.  I hope that this blog will continue.  It has been so inspiring to see everyone's work and drool over so many impressive samplers!!

Hugs

Anne


 

14 comments:

Lanie said...

Lovely, Anne! Congratulations! I sure hope this blog continues too ... it has been such an inspiration!

donnacrafts said...

Just beautiful. Very regal looking. Your work is just outstanding. Enjoy this heirloom..

Lelia said...

congrats!

Jenny said...

Congratulations Anne! Your sampler is lovely!

Cheri said...

Beautifully stitched Anne!

Bethany said...

Wow, framing it yourself.... Can't wait to see what you choose. I just love the boarder on the sampler, different from most other samplers. Beautiful.....

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

DawnM said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful sampler.

Nicola said...

HURRAY !!! A beautiful finish Anne - you must be so pleased.

woolwoman said...

Gorgeous finish Anne ! congratulations . Can't wait to see your framing. Enjoy Mel

Merry Wind Farm said...

Just beautiful, Anne. I had to look carefully, but I see the small 2013 and the initials next to hb. That must be you. :)
Melinda

Theresa said...

well how beautiful is THAT!

Congratulations, your Hannah B. looks lovely!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great job. Hannah is beautiful

Erica near Chicago said...

Congratulations. I too hope the blogs continue.