Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 24 November 2013

Ann Thompson

Hello, all,
Today I am starting Ann Thompson.  Just what I need, another huge sampler to go along with Manifesto :)  I am using 35 count Abecedarian Blend from R & R and one strand of DMC.  This is quite a bit darker than what Marcia shows, but I like the look of it.  When I was pulling threads, I was confused as the chart says DMC 346.  There is no 346 as far as I can tell.  After consulting Marcia's AVAS converter chart online, I determined that it should be 347.  This picture is from SL's website.  I have only taken a few stitches, so nothing to show yet.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!


9 comments:

Lanie said...

Oh.my.goodness ... so happy you are starting 'Ann Thompson' ... will definitely look forward to your progress posts! She will find her way to my stitching basket, but it will be a little while until I start her ... Enjoy!!!

Anne said...

Very pretty sampler!! I love that it is oval. Very unique!

Jenny said...

I am so excited to see you starting this sampler! It is such a beautiful one and it will be great to watch your progress reports!

Bethany said...

What a lovely sampler to start over the holiday season. We all will look forward to see your progress....

Cindy L said...

I am also excited to see your progress on this beautiful sampler!

HollyXSing said...

I had pre-ordered Ann, but haven't received her yet!

Jealous in Virginia,

-Holly

Nicola said...

I have this one on pre-order. Thompson was my beloved Nana's name so is a must stitch for me.

I am going to enjoy following your progress.

Theresa said...

This is going to be beautiful, as
all your samplers are!
I can't wait to read it when
(hopefully sometime next year)they do your interview on here!
Your blog is so lovely and am
so impressed with all your samplers!

Erica near Chicago said...

Another pattern that calls to me. I look forward to following your progress.