Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 8 November 2013

A Post on behalf of Barbara H







It has been ages since I was able to take the time to work on EK 1653.  I have been working on many QSD projects.


I am inspired by everyone on this blog with all their beautiful samplers.





Last Saturday afternoon, once I finished my latest chart of Mary Reese 1785, I began stitching on EK 1653 once again and could not stop. I had not put needle to EK 1653 since last March.     It was a  real frenzy.    Binge stitching … who knew; another aspect of my Scarlet Letter OCD.





I think I have it under control now and will try to stitch more often and less in such a manic way.  I am on page 2 now, and over half way done.


I must say I have been in a much better mood since I have been stitching on her again. 

Enjoy your stitching!

Barbara

13 comments:

JoAnn said...

You said the stitcher's on Nicola's blog were an inspiration to you----------- You are an inspiration to me. I'm not a member of the blog, but I read it every day and I must tell you, your sampler is exquisite. Please don't stop stitching on it. I'm anxious to see it finished and framed.

Erica near Chicago said...

Absolutely lovely. I too look forward to seeing it finished.

Jenny said...

This is such a beautiful sampler Barbara! I look forward to seeing another update on her. As always your stitching is just exquisite! I have to tell you...besides my SL samplers I have fallen in love with your Ruth Passmore sampler and am really thinking of adding that to the mix as well :). Ahhhh....so many samplers......

Bethany said...

I am sure you are busy with your reproductions. Where you find the time, I do not know. Happy to see you pulled EK 1653 back out for some much needed attention. Looks like it is close to finished.....

Krista said...

Gorgeous work on EK! Love all the flowers.

Nupur said...

Thanks so much for sharing - your stitching is beautiful!
I'll have to check this sampler out just to see where you are ... beautiful work - great satin stitch circles...

Heritage Hall said...

Barbara ~No wonder you are feeling
more yourself after working on EK;
such beauty soothes the soul and
obviously brings out your finest
stitching. She missed you and
rewarded your return. Now complete her in all her glory....
leisurely, of course.

Lanie said...

Oh my my, Barbara absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to see this sampler completed!
And I am going to repeat what others have already said ... you, my dear, inspire me!

Cindy L said...

Barbara, your EK sampler is gorgeous with such beautiful satin stitches! I love seeing your updates.

~mj~ said...

Oh wow, this is exquisite!! Binge stitching, yes, been there a few times!! LOL!!

Nicola said...

Amazing stitching front and back !!!

Silkstitcher - Kay Lynn said...

You inspire me so much! Maybe in heaven I'll be able to stitch like you! Until then, I'll keep watching for your beautiful updates of EK. Yes, your back looks like your front. Incredible! Wish we all lived close, so you could be our teacher! Well, I can dream, can't I?

MoonBeam said...

Wow, this design and your work are both gorgeous. Wonderful!

Bobbi