Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 19 October 2013

Oh my!! Poor Margret Gatis!!

I can`t believe I haven`t posted here since March!! I had a long 'dry spell' where I lost my stitch mojo big time, but I seem to be getting back into the swing of things. I dug out Margret Gatis after finishing up a wedding sampler I had been working on for (a-hem) 3 years. I am on row 5, which is a double running band over three on 3 on 36 ct linen. I had started it with 2 strands, but am not liking the look of it...maybe 1 strand would be better? I am not very far along with the band so I may rip and try it with one. Marsha, if you read this, what do you think?

I shall try to get a pic in the morning...I am going to go ponder. Well, after I get caught up here a bit...ttfn!

6 comments:

Nupur said...

Looking forward to seeing your Margret Gatis... it is definitely pulling me !

Nicola said...

I do hope you post some photos of Miss Gatis. It is a sampler I very much admire and one day hope to have the skills to stitch.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm glad I'm not alone in losing my desire to stitch. I stopped in July and this weekend is the first inclination I've had to even look at anything stitch related.

Brenda said...

I would rip out the ones stitched in 2 threads and just use one thread. I think you will like it much better and it might not seem so crowded.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Scarlet Letter said...

If you're using silk floss, one strand should suffice. If you're using cotton, one strand might be a bit thin. However remember that the silk used on antique samplers did tend to be on the "thin" side. The modern eye seems to prefer a denser more colorful design, but to be truer to the original you might be better off tending toward "thin".

~mj~ said...

I am tending toward thin Marsha...I ripped out the two strands and am much happier with one!