Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 14 October 2013

New Start - Elizabeth Brain

Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes. I had a lovely time down in Cornwall with Nicola. My two girlfriends were with me to celebrate and we had a wonderful week together.

Thank you to Nicola for a beautiful birthday gift which I will treasure. It is lovely and will give me pleasure for years to come.




I have started Elizabeth Brain which was my Christmas present from my DH last year. I have never done any form of embroidery so it was a relief when Nicola said that the little bit I had done was fine and that gave me the encouragement I needed to continue with it. I hope to spend some time this week on her. The day after I came back from Cornwall I went down with shingles. It is so painful but I am feeling a bit better in myself today so hopefully I am on the road to recovery now.

I think my stitching is getting neater  but not sure if I have managed to do outline stitch correctly. I am ok now with stem and chain stitch. Satin stitch needs a lot of working on and I haven't tackled French knots yet.






5 comments:

Jenny said...

Elizabeth, Your stitching is just lovely and I applaud you for working this lovely sampler.....it will be a stunner when you are finished! Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Bethany said...

Wow, you this lovely and your stitching is beautiful. I can't wait to see more progres with this sampler.....

Cindy L said...

Elizabeth, what a lovely sampler! Your stitching is beautiful. Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday and that your shingles has improved.

Debbie Bauer said...

Elizabeth Brain is a treasure. Enjoy!

Lanie said...

Elizabeth, so happy to hear you had a wonderful time in Cornwall ... what a lovely way to celebrate your birthday!
Oh my ... shingles :( ... I know how painful they can be, glad that you are recovering.
And through my many travels around the SL website how have I missed this sampler?! ... I love it! I will definitely enjoy following your progress.
Enjoy!