Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Margret Gatis

Well, I don`t have much to show you, but every little bit counts, right? Anyway, here is my MG to date

 
 
 
 
 
and a closer pic of the double running in the single strand. I had started it in 2 strands (DMC) but didn`t like it. Maybe I read the directions wrong? 
Cross over three is fine, but double running over three seems to be hard on my eyes for some reason. At any rate, I plan to stitch more on her tonight. Thanks for looking!
 
 

9 comments:

Nicola said...

Thank you for posting the photos MJ. I am very interested in this sampler so please, please can you share your journey with us as you go.

Krista said...

A great start, MJ! I like your double running stitch with the one strand. I am looking forward to seeing your progress on Margaret.

Jenny said...

Margaret is such a lovely sampler...I too am really interested in your progress....you are doing a beautiful job!

Nupur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nupur said...

Now I am even more tempted! Was thinking of starting this in the new year BUT now I am thinking perhaps I will start it on Diwali - the Indian New Year which happens to fall on my husband's birthday - November 3rd - let's see .... thanks for posting this!

Lelia said...

The first band, with the red heart is so charming. Such a delight to see!

thx for sharing

Kim Hummel said...

You have a great start. I did this sampler about 10 years ago. It does get easier working over 3 as you progress.

Debbie Bauer said...

This is very nice. I agree with Leila the red heart is charming. I never gave much attention to this sampler until now. It is stunning!

Bhooma said...

Nice start MJ.