Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Long overdue Mary Eaton Update

This is a very long overdue update! Among other things, I have had a lot of trouble with my camera, but I did manage to get a few shots finally.

I worked on the tree which is stitched in a vertical stem stitch. The little bird at the top was a bit of a challenge!



Next I continued filling in the hills at the bottom.



Here is a close-up of the bull. He was a fun stitch!



I continued to work on the sampler until I ran out of three colors. There definitely wasn't enough silk in the kit, as I was not even close to finishing.

Here is where I left off.



Well,  since I took these photos, I received the silks in the mail, and I have already started stitching Mary again. I finished the tree on the right, and I am working on the second bird. I will post photos just as soon as I can. 

8 comments:

Krista said...

Beautiful progress! All of your specialty stitches are amazing!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is just lovely, Erica! I love the animals in this one and your stitches are just beautiful. It looks like you might be on your way to a finish :)

Kielrain said...

Wonderful progress.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very nice. Thank you for the close up photographs.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

This sampler is adorable!!! I love it and your work is perfect :)

Lanie said...

Beautiful stitching Erica. This is such a cheerful sampler ... your photos really bring it to life! Looks like you are on the home stretch ... enjoy!

Nicola said...

This is quite an achievement. I ditto all that Lanie has said above.

Cindy L said...

Erica, you must be so proud of such beautiful stitching! Wonderful progress.