Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 14 October 2013

Jane Atkinson

After I finished Mary Gail (which I can't stop looking at for her wonderful colors), I was really at a loss as to what to stitch.  I picked up AAWFAA and tried to put some time into it, and the piece was just not calling my name, so I ended up starting Jane Atkinson.  What a joy she is to stitch.  I wish I was using AVAS threads as I did with Mary Gail, but the colors are just as wonderful with DMC.


I probably would have the whole top portion finished, but now that the cooler weather is here my mind has done some wandering to crocheting and knitting along with the cross stitching.  So I switch off every other night or so.

Deb

7 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

Jane Atkinson is a beautiful sampler! I am sure you will love stitching her. The colors are so bright and rich looking.

Delfi said...

I think the DMC looks softer but still beautiful. I might actually prefer it! :)

Lanie said...

Hi Deb ... while I'm browsing through the SLY finishes I always have to stop and take a look at your "Mary Gail" too :) .... she is wonderful!
Your "Jane" is lovely. I can't wait to see more of this slightly different color palette.

Nicola Parkman said...

I second Lanie's comment about your Mary Gail.

I am sure you will get great pleasure from stitching Jane and having her on your sampler wall.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful colors.
I will enjoy watching your progress.

Cindy L said...

Jane is such a beautiful sampler. I agree the DMC gives a softer look but just as lovely as the silks.

pam said...

Beautiful work!