Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 17 October 2013

New Designs - Mary Bailey and German Sibmacher



Hello friends!
I thought I'd keep you informed of new designs.  I've just started to graph Mary Bailey (top photo), ETA early 2014.    The second and third photos (very poor- sorry- it is a gloomy day here in Wisconsin and the colors would show up much better in sunshine) is an antique sampler dated 1704 that I purchased at auction recently.  Note the classic "Sibmacher" motifs.  I haven't decided whether or not to graph it, or just sell the antique, which is very reasonably priced.  Does the sampler world need another German band sampler with Sibmacher motifs, or are we satisfied with what is available?

15 comments:

Inguna said...

Mary Bailey sampler is gorgeous! I am very glad that you are charting it.
I like a German sampler as well. Is it a long one?

Debbie Bauer said...

Love the Mary Bailey sampler.It is difficult to see the German band sampler but appears to have some intriguing motifs.

JoAnn said...

Mary Bailey is beautiful. 2014 can't get here fast enough.

Lanie said...

Ohhhhh thank you, Marsha! I see a Mary Bailey in my future ... you basically had me at the red brick house!
The German sampler looks lovely ... I will vote a "yay" to reproducing. ;)

Jennifer H said...

Love Simbacher!! Please reproduce... the world can't have too many imo... :D

Hugs and Love,
Jennifer H

Bhooma said...

Mary Bailey is gorgeous. Another yes vote for the German Sampler :)

Jenny said...

Both samplers are beautiful Marsha! Mary Bailey is wonderful....love the house and the people and I firmly believe one can never have to many German samplers...so my vote is yes to reproduce that one as well :) Thank-you so very much for doing what you do so well... ... I appreciate your efforts so much....stitching your reproductions is truly a wonderful experience.

Joanne O'H said...

Both are wonderful and I would definitely stitch the German one if it was reproduced.

Michele said...

I love both but please do the German sampler. There are some intriguing motifs on it and I love that it looks like a double band sampler. Not too many of those around. It also looks big and I LOVE big works. x

Nicola said...

Both are very interesting samplers and I look forward to seeing both charted.

Scarlet Letter said...

The German ("IL" dated 1704) is a long double band. Apologies for not posting a better photo yet. I prefer to shoot photos in full sun, and the sun has been hiding since last Tuesday.

Marlene said...

I vote....YES!...for reproducing the German Sampler. It looks wonderful with all the different motifs.

Tinka said...

Another yes vote for the German sampler reproduction. Love Mary Bailey!

Tinka said...

Another yes vote for the German sampler reproduction. Love Mary Bailey!

Cheryl Matzker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.