Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 13 September 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

There's been more progress made on the Hornbook Bestiary.  Let's have a look.

Progress as of 7/13/13


Progress as of 9/9/13


It's really starting to look like something now.  I'm currently working on filling in the borders and soon I'll need to add another row of blocks.


Here's a closer look at this month's and last month's blocks.  It looks like the goose is honking at the surprised fox.  Too funny!

I have to confess this sampler is a test of my perserverence skills with all this tent stitch over one.  Slow and steady!  Next month it will be "H is for Hart."

More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

15 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

"Slow and steady" is right. You've made good progress.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Erica! It's coming along.

Jenny said...

I have never really paid any attention to this sampler before. I would see it on the SL site but never took the time to study it, but now your stitching has changed all that :) I have just come from the SL site and after reading about this sampler and seeing your beautiful work I am really interested in it. You have made it come alive for me. This is one of the things that I really appreciate about this blog....there is always a new and exciting sampler to discover...so thanks for stitching this sampler because I am really interested in your "slow but steady" progress. Happy Stitching.

Kevin said...

I absolutely LOVE THIS!! Looks fantastic. I'm trying to be "good" and not shop, but might have to break down and get this one!

Cheri said...

Beautiful stitching!

Bethany said...

Looking forward to the "H"..... This is coming together lovely. What a wonderful piece of stitching.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Incredible!

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful and is now definitely on my to do list after seeing your wonderful work.

Brenda in WI said...

Wonderful job. Love this sampler - have it but haven't stitched it yet. That may change soon.

Anne said...

Oh it's wonderful Lisa!! I love the little fox leaping! This is truly a charming piece. Can't wait to see more!

brod'attitude said...

Ouahhhh it's fantastic. Have you a magic needle ??? Please give me your secret to stich my own hornbook. Congratulations !

Cindy L said...

I agree with Jenny, I never really paid attention to this sampler until you started it. It may be slow over 1 but you certainly are making steady progress.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thank you to all for the sweet comments. You really make my day! Brod'attitude, email me if you see this.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Exquisite stitching!
Love this.

Nicola said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous!! Awesome stitching.

Thank you for sharing.