Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 27 September 2013

Lydia Hart - This is amazing !!



Barbara G has sent me this picture of her Lydia Hart which she finished before Our Scarlet Letter Years (I am trying out the possible new name for our group :o)) started.

Isn't she absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Blow the photo up and study her.

Thank you Barbara for sharing this with us. I hope one day to have the skill to stitch Lydia and in anticipation I have placed an order for her today. In the meantime I can have the joy of studying the chart.

Jo is currently working on setting up the framework for a retrospective gallery of Scarlet Letter Samplers and we very much hope that everyone will contribute. More information will follow shortly but maybe you could start photographing any SL samplers that you have stitched and start sending them to me. 

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could gather between us each and every sampler that Marsha has ever charted.  Now there's a challenge for us.




8 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness....what an incredible sampler Lydia is. She is absolutely beautiful! I love the possible new name for our group :) and I think it would be wonderful if we could gather every sampler that Marsha has stitched! I will certainly keep stitching them....Matilda was my first but she certainly won't be my last...LOL

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Barbara, your Lydia Hart is stunning!
Lovely vivid colors and your work is gorgeous!

Krista said...

What a beautiful and vibrant sampler! Thank you for sharing! Sounds like a great name for the group too!

Erica near Chicago said...

Absolutely amazing! And now another one to add to my "maybe someday" list. I'm looking forward to the retrospective gallery. It would be great to see some of the "now out of print" pieces.

Laura said...

I love it, its cololres.
This in my list

Lanie said...

Oh my Barbara, what a beautiful piece!
Love the idea of a photo gallery ... wonder how close we can get to stitching all of Marsha's samplers ... sure will be fun trying!
Also loving the new name ... my wish list is growing so long I need to start making subcategories ....
"Must Do"
"Looking forward to doing"
"God willing hope to do"

Bethany said...

Barbara Love your Lydia. I Ditto Nicola when it comes to stitching this sampler. Sure would love to see some close ups, as I know the work that went into stitching this.

Debbie Bauer said...

Wow! Beautiful! This is truly a work of art.