Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 16 September 2013

Grace Catlin -1719 -WIP

It's been over a month since I last posted!  I needed to do some stitching on another sampler of Theresa Baird, of Heart's Ease Examplar Workes, A Maryland Inspiration.  I thought it was about time I posted my progress on my favorite of all samplers, Grace Catlin.  As you can see, I am getting close to finishing her.  I have been very frustrated with the Fishbone Stitch!  I have shown a closeup of it.  If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'm open.  Getting around the corners is very difficult!  I've tried to do my best.  All that's really left is the last verse and SS and Fishbone Stitch on bottom band! Kay Lynn.  
                                                  Last band -needs SS & Fishbone Stitch
                                                  Closeup so SS. & blue Fishbone Stitch

10 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Grace is looking very lovely. I worked mine so long ago (15 years?!) that I don't remember how I handled that stitch. (Sometimes I set the specific stitch instructions aside and try to fill in area as best I can so that it looks pleasing to me but only vaguely similar to the way it was supposed to be done.)

Krista said...

Your Grace Catlin looks so beautiful! I think your specialty stitches look awesome!

Melissa said...

Beautiful stitching. What a gorgeous sampler!

Jenny said...

Your Grace Catlin really is beautiful. Your stitching is lovely as well and all I can say is whatever you did with your specialty stitches you did very well....applause! To me it looks just fine :)

Joanne O'H said...

Kay, your Grace is beautiful. You must be very proud of her!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Your work is incredible! I have never even heard of the fishbone stitch, let along attempt it. Way above my pay grade :)
Melinda

Bethany said...

Thank you for such great photo's. It is nice to be able to see samplers close up. Lovely...

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Gorgeous work. Love the detailed photos. The fishbone stitch looks fine.

Nicola said...

Your fishbone stitches look pretty good to me Kay Lynn.

Thank you so much for sharing Grace with us.

Cindy L said...

Such a gorgeous sampler! Love the colors.