Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 9 September 2013

Gardner's Pocketbook Update

Hi All.  Sadly, I have very little progress to show for this month.



I am taking a class at Nancy's Embroidery in Wellington, New Zealand for one Saturday a month for 5 months.  It is a 17th Century Whitework Needlelace Sampler and it is gorgeous but is consuming most of my stitching time at present.

But I am really enjoying working on the Gardner's Pocketbook when I can manage it.  Please excuse the crumpled photo.

And, yes please, can we continue these blogs next year?  It is very inspiring to read posts from so many talented and exceptional stitchers.  And I haven't managed to finish one SL project yet this year, so it gives hopeless cases like me a second chance to get something finished.

Enjoy stitching!
Joanne
New Zealand

9 comments:

Jonette said...

Lovely. Such pretty colors.

Carmen Sutton said...

I love this piece and it is looking so good.

Bethany said...

The shading in the pocket is absolutely wonderful. It is really coming to life and I am sure the finished piece will be lovely.

Melissa said...

This is such a gorgeous piece with all the rich colours! It's looking good even if it is taking awhile. The class you are taking sounds interesting!

Jenny said...

Your stitching is beautiful and the colors are stunning. This will be a beautiful piece to finish! I was thinking the same thing as Melissa...your class sounds really interesting....enjoy!

Nicola said...

You pocket book is so pretty. Thank you for sharing. I would love to see some photos of the work you are doing in your class. It sound so interestin.

pardalote said...

This is beautiful, the colours are SO vibrant!

Cindy L said...

Joanne, such pretty colors and you are making progress.

Lanie said...

Your pocketbook is beautiful! Joanne! Looks like it would be really enjoyable to stitch.
I would love to see your whitework needlelace sampler ... do share!