Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 14 September 2013

Elizabeth Sheffied charting question

Hey ladies!  I'm happily stitching away on Elizabeth Sheffield.  I'm so happy with how it's coming along, although lately I haven't had near the stitching time I was hoping to have.

I have come across a charting ommission.  While stitching the branch the large green bird at the top is sitting on I noticed that it does not match the original design.  The branch under the "parrot's" feet and to the left of it is missing in the chart.  I looked at the ES's that have been stitched here, and on Blog Two, and notice that none of you have stitched that portion either.

I wrote Scarlet Letter 2-3 weeks ago about the ommission but have not received any response back.  I'm hoping someone here has stitched it the same as the repro, but hasn't posted their progress photo yet and will share their charting of that portion.  If that fails, I guess I'll wing it.  LOL

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Terri,

I have not stitched ES Sampler, but my suggestion to you is, to wing it if you want the branch. Sometimes an ommission happens to a reproduction, my mother and I run into this all the time. Designers as well as stitchers are not perfect, I know I am not. So do the best you can and not to worry, it's now your sampler to do as you wish.

Jenny said...

Hi Terri,
While stitching reproduction samplers I too have run into an ommission here and there.....I usually just wing it and do what seems right at the time...either way yours will be lovely and something to truly enjoy :)

Cindy L said...

Terri, what a good question. I also wondered why it was not on the pattern when I got to that point but wanted to be sure I had enough silk to complete. I still have not framed my Elizabeth and hope we get an answer. I am leaning toward putting the rest of the branch in. Enjoy your Elizabeth!

Stitch Wizard said...

I never noticed it and I am stitching Elizabeth Sheffield too. I just went and looked around on the web and Paulette, from Plum Street Samplers added that into her design and I am going to do the same. Here is a link to the photos of her beautiful sampler and just scroll down a bit and you will see the branch done. it looks nice and I will be doing this with mine too.
/plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/2012/12/elizabeth-sheffield.html

Stitch Wizard said...

I had hoped the link would link it for you but just add

www./plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/2012/12/elizabeth-sheffield.html