Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 15 September 2013

Day One, Huswif Panel

I said I wanted something smaller than Ann Scutt for my next project, and apparently I picked something that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller.

Here's my start on The Huswif Panel:


Tent stitch.

Over one.

On 40 count linen.

This is going to be my strand-a-day project for awhile, since that's about all the cyborg eyes can handle, even with additional lighting and strong magnification.

7 comments:

Lanie said...

Oh I think this one is going to be fun to watch! Looks like it will be a charming sampler!

Jenny said...

This is going to be a wonderful sampler......and I agree with Lanie....it will be so much fun to watch your progress :)

Debbie Bauer said...

You are brave - tent stitch on 40 ct. Looking forward to seeing your progress. This is going to be a lovely sampler.

Erica near Chicago said...

You are indeed brave! Tent stitch over one on 35 count is as small as I can manage - and that requires daylight; no evening stitching for me even with good artificial light.

Bethany said...

You'll do just fine and just think how happy you will be when your little piece is finished.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

A wonderful start. A strand a day is a good goal. I bet you do more.

Nicola said...

WOW over one on 40ct. This is going to be exquisite. Looking forward to seeing the strand a day grow.