Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 20 September 2013

A Finish - Margaret Mason from the needle of Barbara G






Margaret Mason stitched on 36ct Lambswool Linen with silk threads.






Here is another finish of mine.  It also lived at the framers for a while.  I had fun choosing the frame, looked at brown, blue, silver and red.  As you can see the red won out.  There is so much red in the piece that I could not resist.  I don’t have a special place for it and I have to admit it is not one of my favorites but the red frame made it more enjoyable.  I like to get all my pieces framed and not rolled up in a drawer and some day there will be a perfect spot for it I am sure. 


Barbara G. 

14 comments:

Nicola said...

STUNNING. I feel so inspired when I see these beautiful finishes.

Theresa said...


Oh My is that GORGEOUS or WHAT?

WOW!

it is so lovely! thanks for the inspiration!
Theresa

Melissa said...

Congratulations! It is just gorgeous and you are right about the red! I've never seen this piece before - must check the SL site for it.

Lanie said...

Beautiful finish, Barbara! I hope she finds a special spot to reside in your home. Love the red frame, I think it dresses Miss Margaret quite nicely :)

Jenny said...

This sampler is absolutely incredible Barbara! I love the red in her and the frame is perfect!
Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Krista said...

Wow! An absolutely beautiful finish!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Oh! The red is perfect!

Exquisite.

Inguna said...

Beautiful work!

Louise said...

Barbaram this is just GORGEOUS!

Bethany said...

Wow, this is truly amazing. The red frame is perfect for this piece. Congrats......

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Gorgeous colours and such beautiful stitching!

~mj~ said...

This is just incredibly gorgeous! I love the frame too...it`s perfect!!

Erica near Chicago said...

It is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations.

Cheryl Matzker said...

Wow! I could have never dreamed of framing a sampler in a red frame but it is absolutely breathtaking and when I finish my MM, I think I will follow suit. Your work is gorgeous.