Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

PLL Progress

Good Morning Everyone!

It is a misty, foggy morning here in eastern PA.  The sun is up now and it feels like the heat is building already.  Guess our little recent taste of Fall is behind us and the "dog days" of August will be here by the end of the week.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.  My first eye surgery went very well -- took all of 3-4 minutes (really!!) (though I was there for closer to four hours - arrgghhh).  The good news was that I was able to stitch that afternoon!  That was a surprise.  Since I had taken Thursday off for the surgery, I decided to extend the weekend and took Friday off as well. 

So, a little progress was made.  Here is an overall picture of where things are now...the big red flower/plant in the upper right is complete and the lion is beginning to appear.  Have also included a close-up of the red plant.  I love it!  The lion's head is pretty funny!!


 
Well, time to have another cup of coffee and then get myself ready for work.  Although I haven't commented that much, I've been thoroughly enjoying everyone's updates.  All of the samplers are so gorgeous.  My list of "must haves" continues to grow and grow and grow.....

5 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

I'm so happy to hear that your surgery went well. PLL is coming along very nicely. Your stitching looks wonderful. I love the colors and the detail.

Deb said...

Lovely work!
Happy your surgery went well!

Nicola said...

I am so pleased that all went well, have been thinking of you. I know that laser surgery is very common now but I think everyone who has it done is very brave.

PLL as always is stunning.

Chris said...

This is such a gorgeous piece. Lovely stitching!!

Cindy L said...

Vera, so glad to hear that your surgery went well...just amazing that you were able to stitch that day too. I love seeing your photos on PLL, it is such a beautiful, colorful piece.