Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 31 August 2013

Mary's Parrot

Mary's parrot is finished! It is nearly as big as the sheep!
This took way longer than it should have. I don't know why but I was just very slow with it.
It was stitched in a horizontal stem stitch. It definitely would have been much faster using a cross stitch, but, I like the way it came out.



I have decided to stitch the big tree in the center next.
You can see that I have just made a small start on the outline.
 
I am getting worried that I will run out of silk. There should be enough because I am using everything that came in the kit, but I am almost out of white now, and I have the whole rest of the border to finish. Time will tell I guess.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend!
Back soon!

10 comments:

Lanie said...

Mary's parrot is fabulous, Erica! Your stem stitching is perfect! And yes I agree our little "x's" are more familiar and well within our comfort zone, but boy those stem stitches do make a lovely detail come to life!

Vera said...

Hi Erica! The parrot is gorgeous -- beautiful stitching. I love the horizontal stem stitch. So funny the size of the creatures in the samplers we are stitching. Makes me smile all the time.

Mei said...

So much texture. Beautiful!

Cindy L said...

Erica, your parrot turned out wonderful.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely vibrant blues on the parrot - beautiful work.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

How pretty your sampler is!!!!

Nicola said...

Mary's parrot is so pretty, the colours and texture really appeal.

Merilde said...

Erica, Your work is lovely. I thought the sheep was so cute and now the parrot - even cuter! Lori

Bethany said...

Erica,
I love the way the parrot turned out as well. Lovely sampler

Melissa said...

I love the parrot! Overall, such a pretty sampler to stitch!