Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Mary's little tree is finished

I worked on the tree on the left side of the sampler, and finally finished it.

It extends from the bottom all the way up to the strawberry border. I am glad I started at the bottom because there are exactly 2 threads separating the flower from the border!

Here is how the whole thing looks so far:

Next, I am on to stitch  a parrot that will be just to the right of the carnation. It is just as big as the sheep! Yikes! That is one big parrot!

10 comments:

Inguna said...

Beautiful! Got inspiration from you and purchased a kit. Still not sure how I will tackle free hand stitching, but one day I will definitely try :)

Lanie said...

I am impressed, Erica! Your free hand stem stiches are looking terrific and I love your sheep with all her little French knots fleece!
Your photos give us a great view of this charming sampler. Look forward to the unveiling of the parrot!

Vera said...

This is beautiful Erica. I love it. And you know I cannot wait to see the Parrot -- Petunia is interested as well - lol.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

How pretty!!!! I love it :)

Mei said...

The stitching really makes it so lifelike. You can almost feel that furry sheep.

Mei said...

The stitching really makes it so lifelike. You can almost feel that furry sheep.

Nicola said...

Well done Erica, she is looking really good. I like parrots and am looking forward to seeing yours. Parrots should have a name :o)) LOL !!!

Jenny said...

I love this sampler Erica. You are doing a beautiful job stitching her. Your tree is outstanding...I am in awe of anyone who does freehand stitching...and that sheep is just precious! I want to reach out and pet it...LOL...Anxious to see your parrot and I agree with Nicola...all parrots need names...grins...

Cindy L said...

Erica, it is looking so beautiful. You will be so proud of all the free hand stitching you accomplished.

Elizabeth said...

Well done Erica. I take my hat off to you for doing something so difficult - and doing it so well.