Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Mary Eaton Update

Mary Eaton is coming along. I am following the suggestion on the pattern and leaving the right side and bottom border until the free style embroidery is finished.
Mary Eaton Sampler
I am nearing the end of the cross-stitch part, and will soon be doing the free embroidery part (gulp). The counting in this transition is not easy and I have not yet figured out a strategy. I have to be careful and make sure the design doesn't "grow" because there isn't a lot of extra linen here.

I have loved seeing all of your work! It continues to be such an inspiration to me.
I love all your comments too!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is looking lovely. I am unfamiliar with the sampler so I went to the SL site - this must be OOP as I couldn't see it. I'm even more looking forward to your progress with Mary!

Krista said...

Lovely progress on Mary. I am the same way about freehand embroidery! GULP! lol! Looking forward to seeing more of Mary.

Nicola said...

Beautiful.

I know what you mean about free hand it does seem to grow !!! sometimes I tack out the area I need to confine myself to.

Cindy L said...

Looking beautiful. I also get intimidated by free hand but you will be pleased when completed.