Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Hornbook Bestiary progress

Here's my latest progress on the Hornbook Bestiary.  I finished "F is for Fox" and forgot to post it here.

Progress as of 7/5/13

Progress as of 7/13/13
 
I'm continuing with my practice of making "deals" with my self on this one.  I have to complete the current block before I let myself move onto the next one.  It seems to be working.  Each block is like a mini finish!
 

Here's a closer look at the F is for Fox block.  Next up is G is for Goose.  I can't wait to see how it will add to the overall look of the sampler!
 
More next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Bethany said...

What a lovely little hornbook. Wouldn't this be nice for a child's room. They could learn the alphabet and also animals.

Erica near Chicago said...

Marvelous progress. I love the colors.

MoonBeam said...

Nice progress....and really good discipline. Looking good.

Bobbi

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, all. It really is taking dicipline to work on this but it's so worth it when I see each block completed.

Lanie said...

Such a fun project! And each block is like a little finish! Love watching your progress on this sampler.
Enjoy!

Sabrina Fechtel said...

That is adorable!!!!! I love the rich colors and the animals are beautiful in detail! I think I am ordering very soon! Thank you for sharing your very fine work :)

Vera said...

This is so pretty! I have the chart in my stash...some day...I like your idea of disciplining yourself to finish one block before going on to the next.

brod'attitude said...

I love...., I love this sampler your progress is huge

Nicola said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G !!!

This is really beautiful.

Cindy L said...

I really like seeing your updates. This is turning into such a lovely sampler.