Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Grounded


Hello Everyone,

Echoing everyone else, Where has the Summer gone?  It has flown by.  Life has been busy.  Work has been nuts.  I am ready for Fall!!

We gained a new member of the household in late May.  Meet Tyge, a kitten we rescued from the SPCA.  He was 5.5 months old when we adopted him.  Here he is at the top of our apple tree:

 
I’ve managed to get some stitching in, though (of course) not as much as I would like.  Lately I seem to be able to stitch for 20-30 minutes in the morning with my coffee, but most nights I am too worn out to thread a needle, let alone stitch tiny crosses.  I hope that changes soon.
Here is an overall shot of where PLL stands as of tonight:
 
You can see that Lenora is now grounded.  That ground, though boring to stitch, was perfect for those days during our recent office move.  No concentration…just endless gold placed upon the linen.  Once I finished that small portion, I decided to move on to the large red plant/flower(?) in the upper right.  It is gorgeous!!  Here are shots of Lenora’s ground and the red plant:
So, the summer has flown by and August is speeding.  Lots going on this month.  I’m scheduled for eye surgery on the 15th (right eye) and the 27th (left eye).  Wish me luck…please!!  I’m a tad nervous (you know, you only have two eyes…and way more stash that you need to stitch – lol).  I’m sure it will go well.  And, I need to have it done…just not looking forward to it.  At the end of the month our son (finally) returns from Korea.  We cannot wait.  He will be home for a short two weeks or so and then we will be moving him and all his “stuff” back out to Pittsburgh.  We are hoping to give up the storage unit we have had since he graduated from collegeJ  Also mid-September I’m looking forward to my best friend (we’ve been friends since we were 12) visiting along with her two sisters.  Every year we get together (rotating houses…and we all live in different places) for a long sisters’ weekend.  I’ve booked spa appointments for all of us; we plan to shop (a lot) and eat and consume beverages.  We all love to cook, so meals are always a lot of fun. My husband keeps lobbying to be made an “honorary sister!”
Oh!  My threads finally arrived for Elizabeth Mitchell!  It only took 4+ months!!  You may remember that months ago I won the chart and fabric from Nicola.  Swoon…this is a gorgeous chart.  Whenever I can finish PLL, this will be my next start.
 
The thread keep is one I could not resist buying:)
 
A long post...hopefully next time it won't be so long between my posts.  Hope everyone is going well and enjoying the waning days of summer.
 

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Awww, what a cute picture of Tyge! Sending lots of good thoughts for your eye surgery and that it goes well. Hooray for your DS coming home too!! Love your progress on PLL. Beautiful threads for your future project too!

Lanie said...

Oh, Vera, I am in love with your PLL! I always enjoy your progress posts ... this is going to be gorgeous! All the beautiful colors, all the big flowers, the fun animals ... love, love, love!
Sending good wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery ... sounds like you need to be in tip top shape for the visit with your bffs ;)
God speed for your son's return, enjoy his homecoming! (btw...Pittsburgh is my neck of the woods)

Joanne O'H said...

Vera, your PLL looks lovely. You have certainly made more progress than I have this month. All the best of good wishes for your surgery. I'm sure it will go wonderfully well and you will be stitching up a storm before you know it.

Evelyne said...

Wow Vera! You made much more progress than I do on my PLL!!I always love your posts and pulling inspiration out of it!
I wish you all the best with the recovery of you eyes!
I love the picture of Tyge he is such a lovely cat!
Nice too have your son coming home.

Krista said...

Vera, your PLL looks awesome! Love that leopard! Tyge is so cute up in that tree. Kittens are so much fun. I hope your procedures go well and you have a quick recovery!

Bethany said...

I didn't know, cat's love apples. You learn something new every day
:) Okay, you are moving pretty quickly on PLL

Chris said...

Oh Vera! Such gorgeous progress. Tyga it so sweet. Lovely new project that you are getting ready to start!

Nicola said...

You Know I am a huge fan of PLL and very much enjoy seeing your progress photos. It is gorgeous.

Did Tyge manage to get down from the apple tree by himself?

SonjaC said...

I think you are doing great, I have PLL in my stash but after working on Manifesto I am not sure how fast I will get to another Background filling venture!!

Vera said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and well wishes.

The thread keeper I mentioned is actually a needle minder (duh -- dead brain when I typed the post).

Nicola - Tyge did make it down safely out of the tree. Unlike any cat we have had in the past, he goes down trees head first! It is uncanny to watch. But he is quite agile and quite unafraid!!

We've also decided he should have been born in Alaska. Tyge loves the cold. This morning I snapped a picture of him curled up on the bottom shelf of the frig -- he had jumped in when I opened the door to take out my salad for lunch at work. Crazy Cat!!

Cindy L said...

Vera, such a lovely post! Stitching 20-30 minutes gets you closer to the end...PLL is looking gorgeous. I will be thinking of you and pray for speedy recovery on the eye surgeries. Enjoy your visits with friends!

pat said...

The colors are beautiful!