Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 19 August 2013

Elizabeth Mitchell - finished.

Elizabeth Mitchell is finished and I am really pleased with her. I did her on a 28ct cashel linen called 'dirty linen' and she is my first attempt  on linen. There are a few mistakes but I can live with those!

 I changed the centre part and dedicated it to our pets who are sadly no longer with us. The over one drove me mad and so after doing the first line in cross stitch I thought I would make life easier and do the rest in tent stitch. I was only after I had finished 'Ben' that I realised I had bought a lamp with a magnifying glass!



10 comments:

Krista said...

What a beautiful finish! and a wonderful remembrance of your pets.

Nicola said...

Well done Elizabeth - a beautiful piece to remember your beloved four legged friends and of course you first piece on line.

Melissa said...

Very pretty and a lovely tribute to your pets!

Jenny said...

Congratulations Elizabeth on a beautiful finish! This is such a pretty sampler and what a wonderful tribute to your beloved pets. I love it.

Lynn said...

It's lovely, you did a great job!

Lanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lanie said...

Beautiful, Elizabeth! Congratulations! This is a lovely tribute to your pets.
Are you now a linen lover?! :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Congratulations! Your finish looks lovely.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you everyone. Lanie - yes I now love linen. I had orginally started Elizabeth on Aida and had done over half of her but I really wasn't that happy with it. Then of course I realised I couldn't do the over one on Aida. I tried some stitching on linen - saw that I could do it and decided to start Elizabeth all over again on linen. I might just finish the one on Aida some day as I suppose it seems a pity to waste all that work.

Cindy L said...

Elizabeth, Congratulations on your beautiful finish! You did a wonderful job on the linen. It will give you such fond memories of your pets, first linen piece and this SL year.