Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

The Sheperdess Miniature circa 1790

I have always seen the sweet little miniatures on Marsha's website and admired them.  I recently needed to stitch a thank you gift for my cousin and thought I'd take a peek at the miniatures.  I decided on Shepherd and Shepherdess. Circa 1790.  This is, of course the shepherdess, though by looking at her dress and headdress, she must have been a high-class shepherdess!  You can see I am almost done.  Started it on Saturday and should finish tomorrow .  She is so sweet and only 4" square.
I know she will be my first Finish!  I will be stitching her companion too.  Kay Kynn



6 comments:

Nicola said...

Kay Lynn - these are so sweet and the pair are ones I had not noticed before. I am sure your cousin will be delighted with them.

Tommye said...

That is a charming piece. Looks great.

Lanie said...

How about that ... another sampler I have missed on the SL website. Thank you, Kay Lynn, for sharing your work on this sweet sampler. What a lovely "thank you" gift!

Vera said...

So pretty. Hadn't realized how small these miniatures are. I'll need to look at them again (oh no! more to order...).

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

This is adorable.
Your stitching is beautiful.

Fiona said...

Very pretty, I'm sure your cousin will adore it.