Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 10 June 2013

Progress on Mary Gail

I haven't had a lot of stitching time during the past month.  I was sick for a couple weeks and then my son came home from college so there hasn't been a lot of stitching time.  But thought that I'd show you my progress to date on Mary Gail.  She is such a beautiful stitch and I hope that I can have her finished soon!!

Mary Gail
40 ct. Vintage Autumn Gold and AVAS silks

I should mention that the original chart has the background completely filled in and I decided to not go that route.  The Vintage Autumn Gold is a beautiful fabric and looks more like the picture that follows and I think it's a good substitute for completely filling in the background:


And I'm very excited as my Needle Needs frame just showed up as I was writing this.  I can't wait to try the new frame!!

11 comments:

Marlene said...

Your sampler is coming along nicely. Good work.
I really like Vintage Autumn Gold by LL. I think that was a good choice instead of stitching the background.

Kim Hummel said...

This is looking lovely. The colors are so bright.

Kim H

Lanie said...

Beauriful, Deb! I want to stitch this one day ... I like your idea of using the V. Autumn Gold linen instead of completely stitching background ... must remember that!

Krista said...

Beautiful Deb!! Love this sweet pattern, seems very patriotic to me. Can't wait to see more of your progress.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I wonder what he is saying?
Your stitching is so beautifully even, this is going to a beautiful addition to your collection. Irene xxx

Faye said...

The colors are just divine!!!!! Thanks again for my wonderful sampler kit winnings.... Love :)

Nicola said...

This is such a beautiful sampler for many reasons Deb, it is definitely on my list to stitch.

Cindy L said...

Deb, The colors are so pretty on this sampler. I like it so much better without the background filled in.

Marsha said...

I love the colors. Very nice stitching. I love that you are not doing the background.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful stitching, love the colors!

Fiona said...

The pinks in your sampler are really pretty.