Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 9 June 2013

Parrot, Leopard, Lion

I don't have much progress to show on Parrot, Leopard, Lion this time.  Because it's tent stitch over one on 35 count linen, I find it's best kept for a daytime project.  With winter having arrived in New Zealand and shorter days, it means I can only work on it at the weekends so it's slow progress.  But I am still thoroughly enjoying stitching on it and the colours and sheen of the silks are lovely.

(I have recently purchased an Ipad and this is the first time I have tried to use it for posting photos so apologies if the photo doesn't work properly.)

These two blogs are so inspirational and I am blown away by all the beautiful stitching to date by so many very talented stitchers.  Thank you again Nicola and Jo for all your hard work with these blogs.

13 comments:

Inguna said...

You make such a beautiful progress!

Cheri said...

The colors are beautiful, I think you are making wonderful progress.

Deb said...

This is really stunning with those colors!

Vera said...

Just beautiful...and you are further along than me. I have not had much time to stitch lately. Hope to post a progress note and pictures sometime this week.

Bethany said...

Absolutely beautiful. It won't be long and you'll have a finished piece.

Lisa said...

Stunning work! I never considered stitching this one until I saw your post!

Jenny said...

This sampler is just lovely and the colors are stunning. Beautiful work!

Marlene said...

What a wonderful sampler! It's lovely. I'm going to put that one on my list. I use my Ipad also to post. I think it makes it so much easier because I can take the photo with the Ipad and I just transfer it to the blog with Picasa.
I agree with you. This has been a wonderful journey and I've learned so much. :)

Nicola said...

Ipads are such great gadgets. I find that I live my life through mine.

PLL is looking superb.

Cindy L said...

Such beautiful colors! Love your sampler.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Marvelous progress.

Beautiful stitching.

The colors jump out at you.

Marsha said...

Gorgeous.

Fiona said...

Stunning and the colours are beautiful.