Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 17 June 2013

Parrot, Leopard, Lion Update

Wow, it's been some time since I posted.  I was having "issues" downloading pictures from my camera -- not sure what the problem was, but most likely operator error.  Oh well, it seems to be working now.  Time has flown by and life has been busy.  Busy enough that I have not accomplished as much as I would have liked.  My office is moving and that is a huge chore/mess.  Trying to purge and box up items and then furniture -- we are getting rid of most of our furniture and replacing with all new (nothing really wrong with what we have...go figure).  So most nights I have been tired.  But here are some updates.  First an overall shot of where things are today:


Recent additions are the blue flower in the upper right and the beginning of the leopard:



After completing the outlining of the leopard (yet to be named), I couldn't resist putting in his/her tongue.  Petunia had best be on her guard!!

Each time I complete an image I think "wow!  that was a lot of stitching!"  Then I look at the pattern and see how much is left.  Yikes!!

I do have several four day weekends coming up...the last weekend in June (my office will be closed that Thursday and Friday for the big move) and then the 4th of July weekend I will take Friday off as well as Thursday.  Hopefully I can get a lot accomplished then.

Have enjoyed seeing everyone's progress and the samplers chosen.  Such a wealth of designs!  Hope everyone has had a great weekend...hopefully not so long between posts next time.

10 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

I love the vivid colors, the blues look amazing!

PoundingSand said...

I wondered how Petunia was getting on - good to see she's finding friends. She's going to be just grand when she's done.

Kate

Margaret said...

So so beautiful!

Nicola said...

STUNNING - I adore everything about this sampler. Office moves !!!! we have done two so I am sending you a BiG HUG :o))

Chris said...

gorgeous progress Vera!

Mei said...

Wonderful. Beautiful stitching work! Thanks for sharing.

Mei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica near Chicago said...

I too love the colors in this -- and very much understand the "that was a lot of stitching so how can there be so much left to do" feeling.

Lanie said...

Oh my, my, my, Vera ... so beautiful! This sampler is stunning. A lot of stitching but what a treasure you will have once finished.
Good luck finishing your office move ... sending 'patience' your way :)

Cindy L said...

Vera, your PLL is so beautiful and we can certainly see the progress!