Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 13 June 2013

One border complete.

The bottom border is done. Most of the work is cross stitch over two. The two white flowers on the ends and a leaf are stem filling stitch. The way the light catches this stitch is so lovely as the rows follow the outline of the flower.

Next is up the sides where there are a few satin stitch flowers. Can't wait for them. I try to stitch for at least an hour every night but still seem to be getting there slowly. I think I am just becoming impatient to start my next project as seeing all the other samplers up close has increases my wish list a hundred fold. The larger pics here show me  patterns I have just glanced over in the past. Yum.

I had a close call with my edge. Oops. Finished with two stitch spaces to spare. Nothing that a frame won't hide.

16 comments:

joann mccormick said...

I love those flowers along the bottom border!

Bethany said...

Wow, Wow, WOW!!!!! I just love the colors in this sampler, did you use the colors called for? And the linen, it looks like you dyed it yourself. What linen did you use. If you already posted this, I missed it. I really can't wait to see more.

Lanie said...

The border on this sampler is gorgeous ... love the stem stitch on the white blossoms!
Your work is beautiful ... looking forward to more progress!

Nicola said...

Beautiful, I started mine too. The border is what attracted me.

Margotatau said...

Hi Bethany.The colours are the charted DMC colours. The linen is permin ecru home dyed with coffee and tea bags. Thanks for the compliments.

PoundingSand said...

The border is beautiful - I would never have guessed it was so pretty from the little catalog pictures. Looking forward to seeing more!

Kate

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful stitching!

Love the linen and colors.

Erica near Chicago said...

Amazing!

Cindy L said...

Oh...I just love your floral border!

Bhooma said...

Beautiful.

Kielrain said...

That white flower looks super neat.

Tinka said...

Exquisite! Love the border! The white blossom is just so breathtaking.

Elizabeth said...

This is just beautiful. I love the tea dyed linen.

Nicola's SYL has led to so much learning and ways to do things differently.

Inguna said...

Very, very beautiful! Worth all the effort!

samplerlover said...

isn't this sampler beautiful. I did it last year. The right side is easier than the than the left as The Commandments go on and on..... I found that it was more enjoyable to work both the floral boarder and Commandments at the same time. I would do a bit of boarder and then go and work on a Commandment. They are a lot of work and you will probably feel like you are getting nowhere, but it is worth all of the time that you spend on it.

What you have done so far is looking beautiful and you are so right about the white flowers. They seem to have a beautiful sheen to them. - Sandra.

Fiona said...

A beautiful border and your white flowers look perfect.