Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 9 June 2013

How could I resist this Scottish charmer?

Yes, yes, I know -  I'd made all those resolutions about not buying anything else until I'd finished a couple more of the pieces I'd already started.  But I fell in love :) - I was at my LNS, decided to browse just for a moment at the Scarlet Letter charts there, and was smitten with Janet Burnet,  a Scottish sampler from 1830.   She isn't quite all kitted up yet - I have some of the silk for her and will add the rest before long, and I still haven't decided on the linen, perhaps something from my stash (she's a modest size).   But I thought you all might like to join me in admiring her: the photo below is from the SL website, though I do recommend checking out her page on the site, as the close-ups really show off the gorgeous colours. 





Janet Burnet

See - How could I possibly resist? 

7 comments:

llknbillburg said...

I love this one too and have it in my stash. I have held off starting it since I am trying to finish some UFOs this year but I will be very interested in seeing your progress!
Happy stitching, Laura

Jenny said...

I love her too Dianne and I understand completely.....grins!

Bethany said...

Isn't it funny. We probably all say the same thing and before you know it, we have containers, drawers, closets and rooms filled with our charts, linen, threads and needlework. Wouldn't it be the best if we could all take our stashes, put them in one place for all of us to enjoy. What a time we would all have, don't you agree?

PoundingSand said...

Such a pretty sampler. Resistance is futile...so why bother? Charts are cheaper than therapy, aren't they?

Will we get to stitch her vicariously with you?

Kate

Nicola said...

How could anyone resist a sampler that calls to you.

Marsha said...

Good choice. She is lovely.

Fiona said...

I love her too and have almost completed the top 3 pages. I know you will enjoy stitching her too.