Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I realized I hadn't posted an update for the Hornbook Bestiary lately. You'll notice there has again been much progress made in a short span of time. I really do get on a roll with this one.

 
Hornbook progress as of 5/6/13

 
Hornbook progress as of 5/18/13
 
I couldn't resist changing the dog on it. I just had to stitch it in black and white like my Shelby girl. I deviated a bit from the charted placement of the spots and she turned out great!
 
Again since I was on a roll, I went ahead and stitched in the second row's boxes and filled in the borders too. I really should devote one day a week to this one. I bet I'd get a lot done!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Faye said...

It's gorgeous! I love your interpretation of the dog..... I would have had to do the same thing...... It's beautiful. :)

Tommye said...

So beautiful! Great idea to personlize it.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very impressive.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, all! I'm really having fun with it.

Cheri said...

You have made some real progress, every time I see this sampler it slides to the top of my "want to do list".

Nicola said...

This is such a treasure. I like the changes to make the dog like Shelby.

Vera said...

Love your interpretation of the dog! I have this pattern in my stash...so pretty. Beautiful stitching.

EvalinaMaria said...

It is looking good!

Lanie said...

Love it! Your Shelby is great!
Comtinue to enjoy ... look forward to your next post.

Kaisievic said...

This is so lovely!

Cindy L said...

I really love this sampler after seeing your updates. Shelby looks wonderful too.

Fiona said...

Great progress.

PoundingSand said...

Shelby is adorable!