Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 10 June 2013

HANGING WITH THE HARTS

Good day everyone

Long time no post ! My peculiar post title refers to my folks - they are the "Harts" - This was supposed to be an anniversary sampler for them so I have named each of the figures in the sampler.

I have not been doing a lot of stitching the past few months so not a lot of progress to show on my Where the Hart Lives sampler.  Sir Henry Wiley Hart is still in a ghostly state because I am running low on the maroon silk used in his jacket.  I simply must finish the border with the remaining skein I have - of course I have purchased the same color not once or twice but THREE times and all are slightly different than the original skeins.  It won't matter so much on the interior of the sampler but I wanted to be certain the border was all the same.  I am so dreadfully sick of that color I am just not motivated to work on this sampler.  That along with stitchers ADD and Start-itis that I suffer from doesn't help me at all with getting thru these big samplers. 

However - with all those excuses I provided - I do love the sampler and I will keep plodding along.  I'm trying to work on it at least once a week.

I do so enjoy seeing everyone's progress and WOW - all the lovely sampler finishes are simply amazing. 

I have been inspired by this blog and those stitching on silk gauze to give it a try.  I have Mary Gail almost ready to go .  I have never used silk gauze before and I have done some research on various websites and talked to a few blog friends who have used it.  I had the matting cut a few weeks ago and am about ready to embark on the mounting of the silk gauze.  I have gathered what silks I had on hand and need to get the others on order.

Hope everyone has a great week with their needle.
Melody

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Melody,
Nice to see you are still hanging in there. I hope all is well and will look forward to your finish. You are always working on so many different things, it's not surprising some things take a back seat. Would love to see you, if you ever get back down to Clearwater.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh I can sympathise with your dilemma. It might be good to have a break, sort out that dreaded colour and attack it with renewed heart - or even - Hart! Irene xxx

Nicola said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sampler.

Cindy L said...

Melody, your sampler is so lovely. You are so close to a border finish. I find it hard to keep going on one sampler too sometimes when I see all these beautiful samplers.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hi Melody,

Looking good! You are a marvelous inspiration. Love all that you do.

Fiona said...

The Harts are looking good. I am interested to hear how you get on with the silk gauze. I might give it a try sometime it looks interesting.